Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hair it is - the word on phthalates

I try to live by the golden rule for awesome hair - only wash every other day, or if you or your family can stand it, every third day.

And when I do scrub away, I go phthalate free. That's the nasty group of chemicals that has been shown to cause problems in animals, ergo people animals. The GreenGuide has a super primer on what products are free of the accused and a great list of brands you can trust. A couple of personal favorites include Aveda and Tom's of Maine. Okay, the aluminum free deodorant tends to leave you smelling like a travel weary tourist in mid-August, but I feel good about the product ingredients and when my husband used it, his armpit rash vanished.

Don't forget to suds up with my every other day routine of Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo.

Enjoy!

No comments: